Sunday, January 29, 2012

2011 was the year that...

Last year several bloggers did a re-cap of their year with links back to some of the posts from the previous year.  I thought it was such a great idea, but frankly the thought of looking back over a year's worth of posts overwhelmed me.  I'm always a little late to the party.  So before it becomes February and it seems too weird, let's look back at 2011.

It was a big year around here, it began with me in a sort of fog as I watched the days go by and still had to live with the fact that my daughter was not home.  But life most go on so, we celebrated Valentine's day with a visit to a nursing home and I continued to bathe my kids :) which lead to one of my all time favorite posts about Jack singing a song to his fish while I pondered this big love I've been given.

In March we finally got the call to go and bring Chloe home.  So we went to Korea: day one day two, and day three.  Finally we met our daughter, Chloe So-hyeon and we even did some remodeling so that she could have a room.

During the spring, a stranger made me cry (no surprise there) in Cracker Barrel, we celebrated Easter, and I waxed poetically about my sisters and just how important my relationship with them is to me.

This summer was the hottest summer on record and the driest but somehow we survived.  We started the summer with Kylynn turning 5, I still can't believe that my baby could be so old, not to mention what it says about me :).  We went on vacation to New Mexico with my family and escaped the heat!  Then before I knew it summer ended and I accomplished some of my goals.

We started off the "fall" with Kyle turning one year older and Kylynn starting Kindergarten.  We then continued my favorite season with some fun, we went glamping (yes I know how to spell), we celebrated Halloween, and some not-so-fun we realized the IRS was out to get us.  We ended the year by finalizing Chloe's adoption!  We also of course celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas, but really do you expect me to get things like that posted on my blog during that crazy season, just try and picture it in your head :).

It was a great year, one that found us trying on a family of five for the first time and after a few adjustments, found it to be a nice fit.  A year of change for each one of us, none so much as our newest member, and so it was at times exhausting and stressful but it was always good.  It was the year that God had for us and it was for our good, of that I am convinced, it was a year that we felt held securely in His hands, a year we felt loved, a year that made us marvel at His grace.

"If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" -Romans 8:31, 32

No comments: