Monday, August 22, 2011

The beginning of the next 13 years


Today was day one of a new stage of our lives, the school years.  Kylynn had her first day of Kindergarten today.  Of all the milestones I've reached in my life this is the first where I just can't believe I'm here already, time is slipping through my fingers faster than I can catch it.


When she walked into my bathroom in her brand new "first day of school" dress, I saw her take a big breath, and I knew just what she was feeling, here we go!


She was ready, has been ready, so there were no tears shed by anyone this morning, except for Jack, she walked into that room and never even turned around.  All day long I couldn't shake the odd feeling that, I have no idea what she's doing right now.  How I longed to be a fly on the wall and just watch her for a few minutes, was she making friends, was she having fun, was she understanding the lesson in class.


She came home excited, sure that she will LOVE Kindergarten, school, reading, her teacher, her friends.  She brought with her, her first book she could read, "Mat", now that's fast progress :), then she scarfed down some lunch and quickly fell asleep.  I had to wake her up after two hours, I guess all the emotions of her first day wore her out, I was so glad we chose a half day Kindergarten.


Kylynn Fay, I was so proud of you today, so proud to be your mommy.  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you this year, these school years, this life He's given you.  I pray that you will grow in wisdom and stature, and favor with God and men, I pray that you will someday give up this life you've been given so that you can truly live.

1 comment:

everythingismeowsome said...

Oh, she looks so pretty!! And seeing Jack next to her really shows how tiny he is!!!
I really like the idea of half-day kindergarten. Is it a 5K program at a church or private school or was this an option at your public school?