You may recall back at the beginning of June I made some goals of things to accomplish this summer. I'm a planner, a list maker, and I love to have some goals that I'm striving for, but I'm also a mom to three whose is currently really proud of herself if the kids get a bath every other night and the dishes stay done. So there will be no guilt here for things left undone, I just wanted to see how I did.
Here were the goals I set, anything I accomplished I crossed off and the bold are my comments on how it went,
1. Read five of the non-fiction books I have been meaning to read forever. I am currently reading
3. Get my computer time under control, set up a plan/schedule of rules for healthy computer usage. I've got nothing to show for this one, I need to roll it over into my school year goals I guess.
4. Greatly related to #3, get back into the routine and then habit of spending time DAILY in God's word as well as continued prayer throughout the day. This one continues to be one I struggle with I did well for a while then fell out of the habit, then spent the rest of the summer having a dedicated "quite time" about 3-4 times a week, again I need to roll this over into my school year goals.
6. Finish organizing our study, and set up a workable work area for me. I am stuck on this one, I would like to purchase a sort of work space table from IKEA that will be perfect for this space and Kyle is in no hurry to drive over to a city 2 hours away for a piece of furniture, so for now my work space is frustratingly unorganized.
7. Hang the various wall hangings throughout the house that have been bought in the past six months. Nope, not this one either, however I did buy more things to hang on walls, so we can spend even more time figuring out where everything goes :).
9. Goals for teaching Jack:
*Begin to write his name. I was aiming too high here, I should have written begin to write (as in scribble and this he did begin to do this summer).
10. Goals for teaching Kylynn:
*be able to swim. I totally failed on this one, I never even call the swim instructor to set up lessons, our summer was really that crazy, next summer.
Now I wish I would have put on my list, watch obnoxious amounts of Lost, check! And in an amazing turn of events paint our entire den, check!
How about you, what'd you accomplish this summer and what are your goals for the school year, or do does the word "goal" make you think of Mia Hamm?