Monday, November 29, 2010

The magic camera


We went home to San Antonio for Thanksgiving last week, the kids and I were there for a full 7 days, and let me tell you just how much I love my peeps, I was kinda sad to come home.  But now that I'm here I'm glad, well sort of.  I'm torn between feeling glad to be home and feeling sad that now all the chores belong to me instead of to my mom or mom-in-law.  Vacuuming, laundry, dishes, bill paying, list making have filled this first day home.  But that's not what I wanted to talk about, I wanted to tell y'all that when I went home I was given one of the best gifts I've ever been given.



My sis-in-law, Laura, is pursuing starting her own photography business, she's got herself one of those professional cameras and that combined with her mad skills makes for some pictures that make me want to do the happy dance.   After 10 years of marriage and 4.5 years of parenting, Kyle and I have yet to have professional pictures taken (unless you count the pictures taken at our wedding, on day 1 of marriage).  It is something on my to do list but 1) it cost money, 2) who should I hire 3) all the getting everyone ready overwhelms me.  So instead I did it spur of the moment, with no time to pick out outfits or even bribe my kids enough to cooperate and still they turned out amazing!



Now I get to send out a Christmas card picture in which my children don't look like they hate us and Kyle and I look way prettier than we do in real life, doesn't get much better than that.  Thank you Laura, it really is such a gift to have these pictures of my children and our family.



If you live near Lubbock and are looking for some family photos let me put you in touch with Laura, just email me and I'll get you connected.

2 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

they look great!

Sue said...

beautiful family. beautiful pictures!
glad you had a good time back home for an extra long Thanksgiving holiday.