Tuesday, June 29, 2010

There's just something about a boy and his hat

My baby is cute. And I don't think I'm saying that just because I'm his mama. This boy stops crowds wherever we go, he is super de duper cute!

Then he decided that he is, in the deepest part of his soul, a cowboy. Most days he asks for his boots, it doesn't matter that it's near 100 degrees and he's wearing shorts, boots are what he wants to be wearing. But his hat, well no real cowboy would be caught without his hat, and Jack's no different. His hat, he needs. Every morning, before we're dressed, before we've eaten, before I know what my middle name is, Jack is asking for his hat.

On it goes where it will stay all day long. He wears it to eat, but has to take it off for sleeping and car seat sitting, much to his dismay. His hat has a little elastic band inside of it to help it stay on and girlfriend let me tell you, that band is one dirty, sweaty, stinky thing. Jack sweats like nobody's business, and his hat only makes his head sweatier, so all day everyday my baby is walking around with a cowboy hat, that if removed reveals and soaking wet head of hair.

Now whenever we're out Jack is most likely decked out in boots and a cowboy hat. Boy, I thought he got attention before! There is just something too cute for words about seeing a two year old boy, walking around Target, like he was dragged off the ranch and forced to shop with the girls.

You know what they say, you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy. :)

No comments: