Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Lift



My life has returned to normal once again. I went to the store today and bought things our family needed and did not forget what I was doing there. I talked to a friend on the phone and actually listened when she talked, not just pretended to listen while I contemplated what would happen next in the life of my vampires. I now am sleeping through the night soundly not taking hours to fall asleep only to wake up way to early and not be able to fall back asleep.

Yes, I have finished the Twilight series, and though I enjoyed every minute of it, I am relieved to be done reading it. I someday would like to take the time to think about exactly what it is about these books that have this addicting affect on everyone I've spoken to about them. So if you want to read them, go for it, but you've been warned, do it when you've got some serious down time.

I just started reading, Lift by Kelly Corrigan, this afternoon. And it is just what I hoped for, beautifully written, with paragraphs that are so insightful that I go back and read them three of four times to allow it sink in before I can move on. It is nice to be back to reading a book I want to read slowly, to have each word matter again.

Summer is beginning just the way I hoped, with reading and relaxing and reflection on what my life should look like in order to honor the One who's given it to me.

1 comment:

Shannan Martin said...

You are a total CRACK UP!!! I am one of the few girls left in this world that has not (yet?) fallen for the blood-suckers. But so many of my friends have...

Thanks for the book suggestion. Sounds totally up my alley!