Thursday, April 8, 2010

A conversation with Kylynn



"Mommy, can we bring home a baby girl this time," Kylynn asked me the other day. "Honey, I'm sorry it's probably going to be another little boy," I told her.

Tears, real tears, fell down, "but I want a sister." What can I say to that, it broke my heart, I consider my sisters to be the most important relationship I'll ever have, I want her to have a sister too. "I know honey, I'm sorry, but they just need more families for boys than girls. But you know what, God can do anything, so if you want a sister you pray for a sister but, I'll pray for God to bring us our perfect child."

"Ok, but I'm going to just pray for a sister."

And we did that day. The agency tells us that we don't qualify for requesting a little girl, so we are officially in the "either" category, but that category is actually the equivalent to a "boy" category, but I know that God can answer big prayers in whatever way He wants, and I'm excited to see what happens.

This morning on the way to school, "mommy, can we adopt a baby with blonde hair?" I smiled, "Kylynn we're adopting a baby from Korea, what do babies in Korea look like?" "I don't know," she said. Bigger smile, "Honey, Jack is from Korea, what color hair does he have?" "Black," she said. "That's right, black, so our baby will have black hair, because people from Korea have black hair," I told her. "OK," she sighed.

It's really neat doing this again, when Kylynn is so much older, she really understands what's going on and really wants her say in what happens :).

No comments: