Monday, March 1, 2010

A day at the computer



We had family in town this weekend to celebrate Jack's 2nd birthday, so on this rainy Monday, I am left with no cleaning that needs to be done, Whoop! So I thought I'd check out some websites online that I'd been wanting to look at for fun or in order to better save for my family. I'd thought I'd pass them on to you.

A new blog that my friend Carolyn, told me about is wonderful, it's called Flower Patch Farmgirl and I felt like I found someone who I could relate to on so many levels when I read this post.

Kyle sent me links for ways to reduce the junk mail you get (don't forget it also helps save trees):
Opt Out of credit card offers and Control the catalogs mailed to you. I have used the one to opt out of credit card offers in the past and it worked very well.

I went to CouponMom.com today a website I've been wanting to look around at and from there I found another really neat opportunity, that turned out to be my find of the day.

At Upromise you can save for your child(ren)'s college fund when you spend money. You can sign up any store cards you have (like Kroger or CVS) and upload coupons onto them and instead of you saving the dollar off of your bill it goes into a college savings plan. You also earn a percentage of money spent at several online stores. Money can be earned when you eat out, you have to sign up your credit card(s) in order to earn those rewards. You can also earn rewards by opening one of their credit cards and using it to make purchases, but you can skip that option if you don't want to, don't be fooled, there's a small link that says "No Thanks". I was really impressed with all you could do to save money for college through their site and the neat thing is anyone can sign up and save money for their family members or even friends, not just parents. Once you save the money you can have it put into a savings account or even a 529 college plan, check it out and see what you think.

I hope y'all have a happy Monday, try not to waste too much time on the computer, but hey if you save a bundle of money for your family, that's not time wasted, right?

*Want to buy that t-shirt I have pictured at top, you can go to zazzle.com

No comments: