Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A GOOD lowfat dressing, I promise



It's too beautiful outside for being on the computer, so I'll make this quick. I want to tell y'all about this salad dressing that my mother in law introduced me to (side note: my mother in law should have her own blog where she just introduces you to the latest and greatest product she's discovered, she always finds the best things, and no you can't have her).

Back to the salad dressing, it's called Bolthouse Farms Creamy Yougurt dressing. In most of the flavors yogurt is the first ingredient, and it's made with all natural ingredients. It is pure genius, it tastes like the good salad dressing you get when you go to a nice restaurant and ask for the house dressing, but you get that taste for about a third of the calories and fat in a regular salad dressing. The three I have in my house (ranch, thousand island, and ceasar) have about 70 calories and 5 to 6 grams of fat per two tablespoon serving, compared to around 150 to 200 calories and 15 to 20 grams of fat for the real stuff.

I have only been able to find them at HEB here in Bryan/College Station, feel free to comment if you know other stores their available at. They have the flavors I listed above as well as blue cheese, at least those are the four flavors we have at the Bryan HEB. You can find them in the produce section, near the carrots and other salad dressings that need to remain refrigerated, which this one does. Oh and they were on sale today when I bought them, I love a good sale!

I really am not in the mood lately to eat low fat, and I have never until now found a low fat salad dressing that I liked, so I'm really excited to find a salad dressing that I can feel good about eating and that helps me get more vegetables in my diet. If you try it, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

lori said...

i loooooove the ranch. haven't tried the other kinds yet!!

Nilam said...

Thanks for posting about these--I picked up ranch and caesar today and they are YUMMY! I'm looking forward to having a yummy caesar salad tonight with dinner.