Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Ears have it

Once again, my week went the way of a sick child and so I wasn't able to blog as often as I'd like. Jack, now has an ear infection. His temporary ear tubes fell out a few weeks ago and sure enough the first cold he got led to an ear infection. I was in denial for a few days, despite Kyle's insistence that he had an ear infection. Jack was on antibiotics for pink eye and I thought surely he cannot come down with an ear infection while on antibiotics..turns out I was wrong!

I asked the doctor how many ear infections he would have to have before they would go ahead and put back in permanent ear tubes and he said Jack needs to have an un-treatable ear infection for two to three months! I'm trying to be patient but I think I know how this is all going to turn out and I hate to watch him suffer for two to three months before we can do something about it.

Pray for him. The ear infection makes him feel cruddy and he doesn't eat very well at all, which of course is my worst nightmare, the last thing I need is for Jack to stop eating. At his last appointment he had lost a pound in the week or so he's had it...I think chewing hurts. Plus he absolutely hates the taste of the antibiotics and we are having a terrible time trying to get him to actually swallow them.

On an up note, we've had a great weekend. We went on a 13 mile bike ride yesterday and I felt amazingly good afterwards. Kyle is helping me train for my first official bike ride, which will be 20 miles and raise funds for a local charity, this is something he's done for years, but is new to me. The kids were happy the whole two hour ride, which is a small miracle. Today the rain went away by the time church let out and I'm about to go out and enjoy doing some yard work in the warm weather and sun!

Are you watching the olympics? Oh it's good, if you're not watching you're missing out. I think now Canada is towards the top of my list of places I would love to visit. Enjoy you're week and hopefully this week I'll be here with you blogging, not running to the doctor again!!

No comments: