Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Catch up



I'm sorry it's been so long, since I blogged. We've been sick, as most people are this time of year. There was something about this bug, the way it went from one person to the next to the next, and just when you thought you were better, you woke up the next day with a fever and sore throat again, that exhausted me and kept me from doing no more than the bare minimum. But after a week or so, we seem to all be on the mend, although still going through an insane amount of tissues each day, so much that it makes me a little anxious. I'm one of those people...you know the ones that always have partially used tissues in every coat pocket, in my purse, on my nightstand, and of course in the waistband of my sweatpants. It drives Kyle crazy my need to fully use a tissue before I through it away, so as to not waste it. The problem of course is you forget you've already got a half used tissue in your waistband, so you grab a new one and add it to the stack and by the end of the day you realize how gross the room looks and grab all the tissues and throw them away anyways.

It's sunny today, which is so wonderful and enticing, I tried to take the kids to the park, not realizing that it's sunny but in the upper 30s with an even colder wind. We go to the park and Kylynn immediately starting screaming! IT'S FREEZING TAKE ME HOME! After two minutes or so I couldn't argue with her assessment, nor could I stand the screaming, so we drove home a long way, to enjoy the sunshine through the windows of the car as long as possible.

I have missed the sun so much these past few months, I cannot remember another time that there were this many cloudy days in a row, or this many period over a few months time. I decided that I have seasonal affect disorder (SAD) until every person I've talked to said they too feel down and depressed from the lack of sun, so perhaps I'm just a normal person who really misses the sun. Right now I have every set of blinds in my house up to soak up as much sun as possible, what I really want to do is go and sit in the sunniest spot in my yard lay down and look up at the blue sky, but it's ridiculously cold out there.

If I had been well and actually turning on my computer I would have posted this dip recipe that I was making for the Super Bowl, so I'll post it today. It doesn't have a name that I know of, so I call it "Corn and Cheese yummy dip". I got it from my sister in law, and I'm not sure if it's a family recipe of theirs or from another source, so if you deserve credit for inventing this dip, let me know and I'll give you credit. Every time I make this dip (which is often) it is a huge hit and completely gone in a couple hours, enjoy!

Corn and Chesse Yummy dip:
-1 c. mayo (you can use low fat of fat free instead)
-1 c. shredded mont. jack cheese (I use more, b/c I love cheese)
-1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
-1 small can diced green chilies
-1 can mexicorn
-chopped jalapenos to taste (optional)

Mix all ingredients together. Cook at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot. Serve with tortilla chips or as you wish. Really you can change up the recipe as much as you like. Enjoy!

No comments: