Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

*I made my first attempt at cooking in bulk last night, I made these brown bag burritos.  Cooking in bulk and freezing is something I think is such a great idea but has never really seemed great enough to actually do it.  It was about 2.5 hours of work and for that I got 20 burritos in my freezer, not bad.  I'm going to need to get off my butt in the evenings and do this more often if I'm going to survive with three kids and no more meals delivered to my door.

*In my mid-twenties I had a revelation, suddenly for the first time in my life I felt like I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, I knew what I would love to do AND actually be good at: a professional organizer.  Now nothing ever came of this realization but I filed it away in the back of my mind for a future career I could do after having kids.  As I look around my house today I'm wondering if maybe I'm like those really disillusioned kids on American Idol who truly believe that they can sing but are horrible.  I need a Simon in my life, anyone?, I used to be organized, and in my head I still am, but my children have showed me that perhaps I was quite confused to think I deserved the title of "professional."

*Jack's new favorite phrase is "that makes me cry," you've really got to hear him say it, he changes his voice to his "I'm telling a joke" voice, and draws out the word cry, apparently he has learned that this is funny, so he says it all day long.  Jack would you like a brownie, "that makes me cry...."

*Kyle recently told me that he thinks we need a clothes category in our budget.  It's true for the six or so years we've kept a budget we have not had a "clothes" category.  We've been able to get by with getting clothes for gifts and buying a few things here and there under other categories.  This means that both of us regularly wear clothes from 8 years ago and I often catch myself wondering why my "new" jeans have a holes in them only to realize I bought them 4 years ago.
*Our home church (think bible study) had an Easter event for everyone.  Our host had cascarones hid amongst the plastic eggs.  If you don't know what cascarones are they are eggshells that have been emptied out and refilled with confetti.  One of the little boys there decided to crack one on someone's head inside the house, luckily for the host, none of landed on the floor, no it all went into my purse.  I've yet to clean it out, truthfully it'll be like that till I change purses, perhaps this is more evidence that professional organizer is not my calling.



*We have stairs.  I pretty much hate that we have them except for one thing, I would weigh 20 lbs more if it wasn't for how many times I go up and down them in a day.  This basket is the one of the most important things in our house.  Everyday we fill it to overflowing with the items that need to be returned upstairs when we pick up in the evening (80% of it is stuff Kylynn brought down).  The best part is I got that basket out of someone's trash, yes I am one of those people.

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

1 comment:

everythingismeowsome said...

I love that you are one of "those people". I find myself saying that a lot. I have become all of those people I never wanted to be--I even say things like, "have a banana, it needs to be eaten". How appetizing.