Thursday, May 28, 2009

My colorful family

I guess I've forgotten to remember that there is anything unusual about my family, in fact the other day I was looking in the rear view mirror thinking about the similarities and differences in the way my kids look for a few minutes before it dawned on me that they do not share the same genes! :)

So it was in that same mindset that I had a good laugh the other day. I was standing in the baby section in Walmart looking over some jammas, and having a hard time finding what I was looking for. I noticed that there was a lady less than ten feet from us open jaw staring (I kid you not). So I thought to myself, wow I must be doing such a great job parenting these fussy toddlers, she's amazed at my paitence with my children, I swear that wishful thought really went through my head :). But then she continued to stare and I started to think for sure I had some huge bugger or something else hideous on my face, I proceeded to wipe all over my face trying to feel what it could be that was causing such attention. It wasn't until the staring went past a full minute or two that it dawned on me that she's staring at the different colors God has used to make our family. I started laughing out loud right there in Walmart, I should have known that my parenting would never make anyone's jaw drop! :)

No comments: