Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Don't blink




I love this age Kylynn is at right now, or at least I love Kylynn at this age she's at. I think I am as conscious as a mom can be that this will not last forever, so I often sit down and soak it all in. That is why my blog often goes a week without posts, I haven't finished vacuuming the other half of the house that I started 10 days ago, and I'm up at midnight catching up on bills and such.

This is why I love her so much right now, she is at once hilarious and care free and considerate and prayerful. Here are some of the things that have made me laugh, smile, or cry in the past month.

While I was inspecting her diaper to see if she had indeed kept it dry during her nap she said, "It's just a little bit of toots in it"

We were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch not talking about anything spiritual and she suddenly held out her hand and said, "Here Jesus here is my money take it from me"

She likes to be the one who says the prayer at bedtime now and her prayers are usually a long list of what she is thankful for, I love listening to all the things she is thanking God for that I just ignore, here is an excerpt I found funny, "Thank you God for baby dolls, and mayonnaise, and baby dolls, and fishing, and dishes, and what else Mommy?"

She must have heard us say about many things that they were "dead" like a battery, etc. So now when things are getting old or fruit is turning brown she says they're "getting dead"

On our trip home from Decatur yesterday Jack threw up from crying. Today I was doing laundry and she said "Mommy I want to pray for Jack not to throw up" so I said Ok and went back to what I was doing, she went into her room pulled out her step stool brought it out to me and sat on it, bowed her head and said "Dear God please no let Jack throw up anymore. Please no let him throw up on his car seat, on his buckles. Amen" Amen to that!


She continues to love her baby brother. They way they play together and make each other laugh is one of my favorite things to watch. So far still no jealousy, just a whole lot of bossing (but it's done out of love). And due to the time I spend with him she continues to have time where she must entertain herself, here is something she did when I was putting Jack down for a nap.


If you can't tell what you're looking at, there are socks hanging from all the door handles down the hall. It wasn't until the next day when she was doing it again that I realized what she was actually doing, she was putting presents in the socks and hanging one up for each person in our family (Christmas stockings!)

No comments: