Sunday, February 1, 2009

Correction

I have to apologize my previous post included incorrect information. I so hope that people can find answers to their questions about adoption on my blog...because when we began this process I had so many questions and couldn't find any real life answers.

Our adoption is not finalized. Although it is true that for several countries if both parents travel to the country, the adoption will be finalized and recognized by the United States, that is not the case for Korea. Korean law states that the agency will hold custody of the child for the first six months and monitor the placement. If all is well after six months we will go to court and finalize our adoption.

This doesn't change the fact that the home visits are not as nerve racking as that first one though!

No comments: