Monday, August 15, 2011

My day

I asked God to help me wake up this morning, because this is the one area of my life where I completely grasp that I can do nothing apart from Him.  He did and I was magically awake at 6:30 and the awesome thing, I felt more awake all day and got so much done.

Within about three minutes after lunch today Jack spilled a cup full of chocolate (almond) milk, I spilled a bottle full of wood floor cleaner, Raven had to decide which would be better to lick up chocolate milk or floor cleaner, Chloe needed a diaper change, and Jack filled the entire sink full of water while he was supposed to be washing his hands.

After going a month with pretty much no accidents Jack pooped in his underwear twice today, it was my fault I fed him as if he wasn't lactose intolerant when indeed he is.  Strangely he never liked cheese till he was told he couldn't have it, now he craves it.

I cannot decide which I like more dental hygienists who talk non-stop and therefore distract me from my anxiety or dental hygienists who allow me to sit in quiet and not feel like I need to try and talk back even though their hands are in my mouth.

I hired a babysitter for the first time in 4.5 months (since Chloe came home) but it was only to attend Kylynn's parent orientation.  We did manage to rush out of the house a little early and grab some frozen yogurt on the way.

It was the best frozen yogurt I've ever had, probably because I put a cup of cookie dough on top and finally! the cookie dough tasted exactly like the stuff in the tube, you know the stuff they say not to eat raw, but who listens to that advice.

Kylynn's kindergarten teacher is amazing.  Her classroom is amazing.  I'm not sure which is better, but this I know: Kylynn is going to fall head over heels in LOVE with her teacher and her school.

They spend very little time during the day sitting at a desk, this made me so happy, this is so perfect for Kylynn and I'm sure for all of the little five year olds running around there!

Ok let me go ahead and be upfront with you guys, I want to go back to kindergarten now.

1 comment:

everythingismeowsome said...

What a day! So excited about Kylynn's great kindergarten class. It would be cool to go back, wouldn't it??

And who listens to those schmucks who say not to eat raw cookie dough?? Pshaw!!