Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Whatnot Wednesday

*We have had a more relaxed summer, that is for sure, but we are still busy, really busy.  Some weeks are worse than others, this week and next I have 4 doctor's appointments, 4 speech therapy sessions, 2 gymnastic classes, 2 home groups, a play date or two, in addition to the normal activities that fill up the lives of a family of five.  Why am I telling you this, so that you will see just how stupid I am to have begun potty training Jack on Saturday.  It was an accident really, he used the potty a couple of times so I said let's give this a try, not realizing that it would mean that during the first 14 days of potty training we would be gone most of the time and have our accidents in a number of embarrassing places.  Note to self: when potty training Chloe check calendar first :).

*This is all I know about potty training, just go for it, do not use pull-ups (if it can be helped), pray, remind yourself that it only seems to take forever while you're in the middle of it, buy extra laundry detergent, bribe, pray.

*We're in the dog days of spring around here folks, that's right, don't forget it is still officially spring, and when was the last time you saw a temp lower than 100.  I know, I know, I love summer, I have to remind myself of this often while we're out running our errands.

Notice the yogurt he's eating and the cute summer haircut

*Did you know that they make dairy free, soy free yogurt, I just knew that they must and I drove on over to the College Station grocery stores (we live in Bryan which the grocery stores have decided are filled with people too poor to want any of those neat options) and I found it.  It's made with coconut milk and the brand is SO Delicious.  I finally understand why some people drive to a big city every so often to get certain groceries, it's hard to get speciality stuff in this town and it's expensive when you find it!

*Jack had his teeth cleaned for the first time today, I was totally worried about it.  He did great, no problems whatsoever, shows what I know.




*The kids are loving gymnastics and normally I would be loving watching them loving gymnastics.  The only problem is 2 out of the 3 times we've been the air conditioner in the viewing room was out, it is out of control hot, today the thermostat in there said 95!

*Kylynn has decided she made a new best friend in gymnastics, she has no idea what the girl's name is, I guess when you're five you skip over the small talk and get right into deep discussions bonding you for life.

*I had a soda with dinner tonight (we ate out), I gave up caffeine about a year ago, so this was a very bad decision on my part, I will be up till about 2 o'clock tonight.

EveryDaytheWonderfulHappens

1 comment:

everythingismeowsome said...

How wonderful that Kylynn makes friends so easily. It takes me a month or two to decide if I want to go have coffee with someone!!! I love Jack's new summer haircut!