Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Calling all Sesame Street fans

Could I have your attention for a moment. If you live in the Bryan/College Station area I would like to draw your attention to something that has been a bit of a problem in our house the past three mornings. PBS kids is not on in the mornings anymore, today at 7:30 Antiques Roadshow (a great show if your me, not so much if your a 4 year old) was on.

So I took it upon myself to notify them of what must have been a simple mistake so that they would fix it. I mean surely, it would not have been on purpose, they must know how important it is to mommies around this great town to have a safe place their children can watch about a curious monkey or a clay pre-school scientist, in order to get a pot of coffee brewed and the day mapped out. It's a given that watching a 30 minute show in the morning makes kids happy and allows them to go in to their day, having satisfied the TV need, on to bigger and better things, right?!

I got my response tonight: "We have had to shift our programming by 3 hours to meet some requirements to be included on DirecTV." You what? So you're telling me, that from now on there PBS kids will not begin until 3 hours later, like when it's no longer TV time but is snack time and school time and errand time!

He did say, he appreciate my note and would see what can be done to get some kids shows back into the morning programs, well duh, what, do you think the adult population is just itching to get their antique roadshow fix at 7 in the morning! Anyways, parents if you live in this area and your children watch PBS kids in the morning and you too can see the very long summer ahead of you, that begins with no TV and therefore means an extra 30 minutes of entertaining your children each day, contact the program director over at KAMU: Jon Bennett at (979) 845-5611 or jon.bennett@tamu.edu. Maybe together we can bring back some normalcy around here.

I thank you, but most of all my kids thank you.

6 comments:

Kyle C said...

We watched tv every morning before school. That's what cartoons are for. My grandmother supported PBS, year after year, because all her grandkids watched Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers and such. Bring it back.

TheLudlows said...

Try channel 20 it's the Houston station with regular times.

Jenny said...

Charissa-thanks for the info, unfortunately we only have an HD antennae so it's local or nothing.

TheLudlows said...

It was back to normal on Friday. You fixed it!

Jenny said...

Wow! If only politics was that easy.

Thanks PBS, I hope you know even when I was disappointed I never stopped loving you and I didn't regret supporting you.

Jenny said...

Ok now it's broken again, I don't know what's going on, but please do email them if you also love PBS kids in the morning :)