Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Passion


It's funny the things your children love. Some of them you know clearly, that's from me, she has it in her blood. But others leave you marveled at the way that a little girl that you gave birth to and that you spend almost every waking second with, could have her own real passion.

For Kylynn it's ballet. About a year ago she saw a ballerina and it was love at first sight. Ever since then it's been her greatest desire to take ballet. Due to our crazy summer I never managed to get my act together and get her in a class, but when we moved it that all made sense to me. God had something different in mind, he blessed us with some wonderful neighbors who love the Lord and offer free (yes, you read correctly) free ballet classes.

She had her first class on Monday. She went in and sat on the edge of the couch as instructed waiting for class to start. She sat perfectly still with her legs crossed looking to be an adult trapped in a three year old's body. Then she proceeded to do everything the teacher taught her, her world now consisting of only the people in that room, I was a distant memory.

I was proud of her, raising a three year old who acts thirteen is hard. But it's moments like these that make me realize that I love that about her, I love her strong independent self, because after all she does get that from me.

No comments: