Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Jessie!



Do you know how blessed I am by you? Did you know that the older we get the more I love you, the more I like you :), the more I depend on you. When we were little I never saw you becoming the woman you are today, the care taker, the one who loves her family enough to stay near them no matter what, the hard worker who is so good at her job. You grew up and became a woman that I greatly admire, someone who I know I can count on when I need someone to talk to, someone to take care of my baby girl, someone to make sure Mom and Dad are doing well.

If you weren't my sister I would still want to be your friend, but I feel a great sense of pride that indeed you are My sister. You are part of that core of who I am, someone who knows me as I am, not the woman I've decided to be today only but how I got here. You will know me from my birth to my death and in that I find a great relief. Someone I can call and start the conversation in the middle, no need to explain what's going on, why I have the insecruities I do. You know me, because my life has always been a part of your life.

And I know you. I thank God everyday for you, that I get to be your sister, to know you, to watch you live your life, to listen to your stories that you can tell like no other, and to smile and laugh so hard I feel like I might just throw up again (you know the story, you tell it so well).

I love you, Jessie.

No comments: