Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wait upon the Lord



Today I was sitting in the kitchen and this song came on and it was exactly what I needed from God at that moment, being God and all I guess He knew that. :)

When I heard,
"Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary"
it gave me great comfort, to remember that God is strong enough to get me through this sometimes tiring journey of adoption and the trials we will surely face in the future, He does not faint and He won't grow weary, praise God!

When I heard,
"You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles"
It was a great reminder of how God is my child's defender right now, there is not many weaker than a baby that is an orphan. It brought me peace to know that He will comfort my child through the hard times that lay ahead for him. Praise God!

He restored me through this one song, so that I can say, even when our process has momentarily stalled (no children were released during May), "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"

No comments: