Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Attributes of God

This summer at my church, Grace Bible, our pastor is preaching a series titled, The Attributes of God. The goal is that we would more fully know God, on a deeper level, and by that be changed. I so much enjoyed the first sermon that started this series I wanted to share it with anyone who's interested in listening. If you'd like to listen you can click here.

This week we learned about the trinity it will be on the web for listening on Monday, you can click here to listen to it and each Monday you can go back to that website and hear the next sermon in the series. That is also where you can go for a podcast, but don't ask me how to do it, I don't know! :)

I know that we are all so busy, but these sermons have really just made me so excited, I'm praying that this will be an amazing summer of change for me, that by the end of it God will have made me more like Him. And hey if you're fasting from TV with me, listening to these sermons is a great thing to do instead.

Speaking of the TV fast I thought I'd list the things I'm excited about finding time for while I'm doing it, in case it gives you any good ideas:

1. Sit on the front (or back) porch in the evening, by this time the heat feels good and you can look out and appreciate God's creation, or watch your kiddos play!
2. Have a conversation with your spouse (or friend). Not one of those dreaded conversations about something that's bothering you but a fun conversation. Read an article together and discuss, Kyle and I always do that with this article. Or tell each other what your dream job is and why...
3. Read a book out loud with your spouse/friend. Kyle and I read all seven Harry Potter's this way, it was a lot of fun! And if you don't like to read with another person, read a series of books by yourself.
4. Do a craft, ok those who know me well please stop laughing! I aspire to do some crafts this summer, what I know how to do is knitting and tiling, but do whatever you enjoy.
5. Run. Ok again, please stop laughing! I dream of learning how to run, it probably will never happen, but maybe just maybe I'll start to try this summer. Or do any fun exercise you like, swimming, bicycling, dancing.
6. Shop. What more can I say, go to Target or your favorite clothes store at night without your child(ren), it is bliss!
7. Hang out with friends, way back in the day, I used to hang out with my friends and do whatever, once you get married and especially have kids, you stop doing this (or at least I did). Call up your friend and go to the movies or for coffee.
8. Take a class. I met my most bestest friend (like that title, H) at a knitting class that our city offered. Most cities have all kinds of classes through one organization or another, try a Salsa dancing class, or pottery, or photography, or CPR, whatever floats your boat.
9. Read a classic. Ok, so maybe my definition of classic literature isn't what the librarian says, but you know read a good, old, long book that you've always wanted to read! :) I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath.
10. Cook. I know we never have time to cook, but without TV maybe we do. You can cook at night and eat it the next day, or make stuff and freeze it. I actually find cooking a lot of fun, especially when it's an activity with a glass of wine and music, not a mad rush at five o'clock.
11. Listen to a CD. You know the way you did in high school, where you'd play it and read the lyrics and get caught up in it. Listen to a CD and really enjoy it!

1 comment:

KyleC said...

11 items? Lists are 3 items, or 10. 11, really?

Number 12: Play a game. I like Settlers of Catan, but there are loads of games you can play with people.