Friday, March 7, 2008

Why Blog?

Those of you who know me, know that I am not technologically inclined (I still use my VCR, have a tape player in my car, and own a cell phone for only complete emergencies). So why would I of all people start a blog?

I wanted to share with you all this journey God has placed me on of adopting a child. As my dear friend S pointed out tonight I am the only person our age she knows that is/has adopted. And although I have met others, it is true that it is not the norm. I was praying about the idea of this blog the other day and it came to me that I should call it A Chosen Child. First, I am God's chosen child, He adopted me into His family. Second, I am in the process of adding to our family a chosen child. So with this blog I will share with you the ups and downs of this process. Along the way I hope to share my love for the God who chose me.

And since the adoption process involves a lot of waiting I will also blog about my life and the child God has already blessed me with including pictures for those who miss Kylynn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, this is awesome! Way to go! I love what you've already shared and I know that it will encourage my heart and the hearts of other.

Thanks again for sharing your journey with us.
Love you!

TheLudlows said...

Welcome to the Blog world! I'm so excited to hear all about your adventures!
Charissa

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I love your blog and I look forward to more. I am embarrassed to say that I am not familiar with the blog concept but then it took me a long time to stop calling CD's tapes! (Perhaps you should think of publishing; your journey reads so well). The pics of Kylynn at the rodeo were outstanding and yes, I miss her. Nana

Shannon said...

Jenny, I hope you don't mind, but I got here through Charissa's blog.

I think the idea of your blog is beautiful, and I am eager to keep up with your journey. It is clear that God is guiding you and I KNOW that His timing is undoubtedly clear.

I wanted to tell you, too, that I was adopted when I was five weeks old. I'd love to tell you more. :)

Sharen Leigh said...

Jenny, I found your blog thru Charissa's, too...so hope you don't mind, but we're along for the ride, too!

I am soooo excited for you and your *growing* family and can't wait to see how God blesses you throughout your journey!!!!

~Sharen Leigh~