Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend. The weather was perfect and it was a great time to relax and spend time with friends. Since we weren't able to see our family this easter I will make this a blog full of updates, pictures, and videos. Hopefully I can figure this all out...

On Good Friday, we had an egg hunt with our dearest friends Heather and Audrey, at "Oma's" house. We had a wonderful! time


On Saturday we made resurrection rolls (which is what I'm talking about in the video), bunny bread, chocolate sheath cake, and dyed easter eggs. We also found time to spend as much time outside as possible (farmer's market, cooking on the grill, and playing) it was a perfect day.


This is how the rolls turned out, see it's empty where Jesus (the marshmallow) used to be!


Then on Easter Sunday, we went to church and spent the afternoon with great friends, who so wonderfully hosted us with food, a kid's egg hunt, an adult egg hunt (with money!!), and wonderful fellowship.


I hope all of you had as great of a weekend as we did. It was so nice to remember and celebrate what Easter is, that Jesus Christ overcame death when He arose from the dead. You see there is no point in celebrating Easter, no point in participating in any act of Christianity if Christ did not rise from the dead. For it was in His resurrection that He proved who He was, our God and Savior. It is because of that moment that we can trust that He has conquered our sins. He proved that all He spoke was truth and that we as believers will also be resurrected to live for eternity with Him. Nothing else brings me as much joy as that!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, This is such a nice thing you are doing (Blogging?) I love reading it and of course seeing updated pictures of our girl. I miss her like crazy! You too. Keep up the good work.

I love you to the moon, Mama/Grandma