Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ethiopia

In case there is anyone reading my blog who is interested in adoption I wanted to let you know about a new program being offered by my agency, Holt International. They now have a childcare facility up and running in Ethiopia. This is a place where children in need of adoption will be cared for by Holt until they can be placed with families. This center is run by Holt and they do this in all the countries they work in, they are not just an adoption agency but primarily an organization that seeks to care for orphans all over this world. When I read about what is going on in Ethiopia and the ease of adopting from there it makes me wish I had that option when we began the adoption process. I do not know that we would have changed countries but it would have been one of our top choices. Some things I love, a very quick time frame, ranging from 12 to 18 months from the time your application with Holt is approved (this is the absolute first step). Low cost, this is one of the least expensive programs that Holt has. Short travel, at least one parent is required to to Ethiopia to receive your child and stay for about one week. Age of children, children can be as young as 6 months old at placement. If you would like more information on adopting from Ethiopia you can go to: Holt Ethiopia . You can research online or you can also have a free informational packet mailed to you.

No comments: