Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Kylynn


Today is my daughter's second birthday. Which is odd because a week ago she was just a few months old. She is so special and the Lord has used her to teach me so much, that it's a temptation everyday to grab ahold of her very tightly and declare she is mine. But I let it pass and give her back to the Lord, for she is His and it is my job to raise her well during the short 18 years she's under my authority. Not that she would even let me hold her tightly for more than a second, she is as I always was her own confident, independent self. I love this poem it makes me think of you, Kylynn and the greatness I hope you allow God to use you for.

Dream of this

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves -- Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are we not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people do not feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone.

And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kylynn!!

Love,
Christie