Wednesday, May 7, 2008

All About Kylynn



*Warning: This blog will be boring to most people, it is for the grandparents, and will contain all types of baby bragging :)

Since our daughter's grandparents don't get to see her as often as anyone would like I'd thought I'd give an update on everything that Kylynn is doing these days complete with pictures and videos. Y'all should know that she talks about you often, requests several times a week to go to both "papa's" and "nana's" house. She even requests to go to Grandma Reed's house by saying "mama cow's house" (this is because my grandmother has cows at her place, not because she's calling her mama cow :)

Kylynn's hair has gotten pretty long, I think I need to cut it but don't know what to do so I do nothing. She is currently loving to "hop" which means that she jumps off of things, so far no major injuries.

Kylynn now can tell you a story, now she doesn't use all the words necessary but it's pretty cute to hear her trying to retell something that has happened recently. She also now knows that babies grow in their mommy's tummy and then drink their mommy's milk, she tells me this often!

Speaking of babies, this is still her obsession. She loves babies, looking at them, talking to them, and even looking at baby items (cribs, strollers, pacifiers) whether in real life or in pictures. It has become quite obvious that she talks to babies the way I do, so when I see her "impression" of me it makes me laugh, do I really look that goofy?

Kylynn really blesses me as she is often the one who asks to "pray mommy" before I think of it, or even when I forget. She now asks to pray before we drink tea (this is the pretend type) and then says "Amen!" and then says "Amen!" for her baby dolls. Kylynn's baby dolls now must always be with her, when she goes to bed I have to tuck in baby Amy with her. This requires double everything, two blankets, two puppies, and two "night night books". I feel like I already have a second child :)

She is of course about to be two, so she does have her moments, but so far the terrible twos have not shown themselves in our house. She is really a delight to Kyle and I. She is starting to tell jokes and just laugh at them, so that even though you have no idea what she said, it's very funny!

Please come see us anytime you'd like, Kylynn would be overjoyed to see you all. You'll have to go sit in her kitchen and have her cook for you, it is the most fun thing to see.

Kylynn currently wants to see herself on the camera before I've even taken the video, that is why she sits down on my lap in the middle of the video :)

1 comment:

KyleC said...

Now that's a cute baby! No worries 'bout bragging over her! Of course, I am her dad.