Tuesday, May 6, 2008

7 months and counting

I wish I had some type of update on the adoption for y'all. Unfortunately all I've got is our homestudy has been in our country for 7 months now. Last I heard the wait time for assignment is between 10 and 12 months, so we've got some more waiting to do. Then once a child is assigned it will still take several months (3-7) to get our baby home. I will say though, that it seems like it's getting nearer and more real, I mean in a "few" months we should have a child assigned, that's better than saying in a year...

The good news, time is flying by. Considering that my life seems to get busier by the day and more frantic trying to keep up with a two year old, the house, the chores, and the volunteering, the baby should be here in about a week :)

I had a wonderful experience the other day, I went to the park and I saw a (white American) mom with two children, each adopted from different countries (India and Korea). I cannot tell you how much I was drawn to them, I kept staring at them, not wanting to leave because they were the most beautiful family I've ever seen. I left there so happy, just praising God that someday my family will look like that. This was a great experience for me because it was a huge answer to pray. When we first began the adoption process (1 year ago!) several of our friends were pregnant with their second or third child, and I felt a little like maybe that's what we should be doing, I mean it looked like so much fun and I didn't want to be left out. So I sat down and just asked God that he would have the desires of my heart match His, if this adoption was what He wanted us to do, that He would take away my desire to be pregnant and fill me with a desire to adopt. It's amazing how He has done that for me, I no longer feel any longing when I see my friends pregnant but I feel great longing when I see families with children from other countries.

Thank you all for all the prayers you've said for our family. This time where it looks like not much is happening, I know is very important to God and what He's doing in our life. We'd love your continued prayers for the health of our baby, God's timing and peace for us, and for us to glorify Him through this process.

1 comment:

KyleC said...

I like hearing that seeing other families w/ adopted children is pleasing to you, and that both seeing them and desiring to be that way is an answer to prayer.