Friday, July 11, 2008

This is an adoption blog...right?

Ok, I know it has been a long time since I gave any updates on our adoption. Frankly that's because I don't have any, I wish I did, as much as for you as for me. Months and months of no news is not fun, but unfortunately that's just the way it goes during this process.

So to continue to keep this blog up I fill in the gaps with happenings and thoughts from my life. I hope that follows my goal to have an "adoption blog", after all I am a person involved in an adoption and these are the happenings of that life. It's a stretch I know! :)

We do get an email update each month, but really it's a huge letdown. Every time I see it in the in box I get so excited...but then it just says currently adoptions are taking x number of months, etc., etc. The worst part is the x continues to become a bigger number as the process goes on.

Here's what I'm telling people now, because I know people are always kind enough to wonder when we'll get our baby. Hopefully we will have a child assigned in the next 3 months, it is then taking anywhere from 3 to 6 months for paperwork to be completed in order to travel to pick up your child. So hopefully in the next 6 to 9 months our child will be home. Personally I feel like God has given me a specific date to pray over and so Kyle and I pray for our child to be home by that date.

I will try to update y'all as much as I can, even when there's not too much to say. And I will continue to blog on my feelings on adoption and the aspects of it so that I remain true to my purpose of this blog, however in between I'll just have to tell you about my life, I hope that's okay.

No comments: