Sunday, April 6, 2008

Going Home


This weekend we escaped to Decatur. It was one of those weeks...you know the ones where you say I cannot wait to put this week behind me!

So thanks to God's good timing we had previously decided to go to Decatur this weekend. Decatur is my "home". As a child we moved around so I lived in many different places but I was blessed to have one constant, my grandparents' "farm" in Decatur where we returned every Christmas and summer for weeks at a time. I love having a place that I can go where I have memories from as far back as my memory goes. Mainly though it's that I feel more at peace there than any other place in this world.

So we enjoyed a beautiful drive up there, absolutely perfect weather, being in the middle of the country, and most of all visiting my grandma. My daughter is named in part for my grandmother, because she is one of the women I most admire (after all she did kill a snake with a butcher knife once!). She told me stories of all of the people I love, cooked us wonderful beans and cornbread, and made us feel right at Home!

This is a video of what Kylynn told me when her and her daddy came back from a morning walk in the pasture. :)

2 comments:

Sharen Leigh said...

she is so adorable, y'all!

Unknown said...

That is some big poop. Your grandmother would love to hear the wonderful things you said about her. I'm glad you feel the farm is home, feels that way to me, too.