Friday, April 25, 2008

Crown

I have just finished an amazing bible study, that really changed my perspective on this world so I thought I'd let y'all know about it. It is called the Crown Financial Bible study.

When Kyle took the training to be a leader I stayed home with Kylynn so when he said that he wanted to lead this study this year, I was bummed. I didn't want to spend 10 weeks on a financial study. I thought this study is not for people like me, I don't have debt, I have a budget, I'm a saver, and I love to give. Well turns out God really does know what I need more than I do :) I was blown away by this Bible study!

If you ever have the chance to take part in their 10 week Bible study or their one day training, do it!! This is not a study unique to my church or area, it's world wide for more information you can go to: crown.org . This study is about finances yes, but it is really about living your life with an eternal perspective. It really changed the way I viewed "my" money, not thinking 10% belonged to God but that it all belongs to Him. Kyle and I were really convicted reading the chapters on honesty, submission at work, and caring/providing for the needy.

This area is still hard for me but one way I am different today then I was before I took the course, is if I want to buy something even if it's just a pair of jeans I try to remember to pray and ask God what He thinks about it. And even harder for me, I try to look at the decisions I make each day with how I spend money and time and choose those things that I will be rewarded for in heaven not those that will disappear with this earth.

It is amazing how much your relationship with God relates to the way you view money, the Bible has over 2300 verses relating to money or possessions, there must be a reason for it. So even if you never get a chance to take the course you can read the book that the course is based on: Your Money Counts by Howard Dayton. I challenge you to see what God has to teach you.

1 comment:

KyleC said...

Money. We spend our lives earning it. We spend it on every thing we buy/eat/do. We worry about whether we have enough of it, where it went, and when more is coming.
Having a God-pleasing perspective on money can totally change your life. I took the Crown Bible study and highly recommend it to everyone I know. Get signed up today.